- Services offered
- About psychotherapy
- Our team
Adam Kincel, PhD
UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
I have been working as a psychotherapist for over five years. Working in private practice I have developed an efficient method of supporting clients struggling with depression, relationship and life crises. My mental health experience allows me also to take referrals from clients experiencing severe and enduring mental health problems.
My private psychotherapy practices are based in Pimlico and Old Street. In addition to my practice, I teach psychotherapy and counselling at Re-Vision – Centre for Integrative Psychosynthesis as well as institutes in Georgia, Poland and Bulgaria. Prior to setting up my private practice I worked as a psychotherapist for Islington Mind, managed a mental health scheme in Hackney and facilitated various therapy groups both in the UK and abroad.
I further my knowledge and experience by regularly attending conferences, trainings and workshops in the UK, US and EU.
Working as a psychotherapist I keep a good balance between challenging and supporting clients. I provide psychotherapy with the recognition of the holistic needs of a client. I develop deep and honest relationships with clients, whilst maintaining professional boundaries. My approach is based on Integrative and Gestalt approaches with a strong focus on the integration of body and mind and relationality.
- PhD Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of Brighton, 2018)
- MA Gestalt Therapy (Gestalt Centre, London Metropolitan University, 2010)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamics of Human Development (British Association of Psychotherapists, Birkbeck College, University of London, 2005)
- MA Philosophy (University of Silesia, Poland, 2004)
- BA Sociology and Social Work (University of Silesia, Poland, 2003)
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (Registrant)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (Member)
- United Kingdom Association for Gestalt Practitioners (Full Member)
- Association for Advancements in Gestalt Therapy (Member, Regional Contact Person)
6a Bessborough Place
Registration and membership
Our practitioners are individually registered with either the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy or the European Association for Psychotherapy.